Dino Fulton spoke on Setting Goals a the Chino Valley Chamber of Commerce. Dino is the CEO of Annual Profit Strategies and coaches small Dino Fulton spoke on Setting Goals a the Chino Valley Chamber of Commerce. Dino is the CEO of Annual Profit Strategies and coaches businesses on how to grow. He pointed out that 70% of companies fail or close within ten years. The odds are against small businesses for many reasons, but it is up to us to consider and plan for all contingencies. The most common cause is because of the need for more clarity. Being clear on our goals is the key to success. Forbes said that, beyond anything else, this is why most businesses fail immediately. Therefore, our products need to be specific, clear, and direct.
The famous Italian economist Pareto first defined the Pareto Principle, which states that 80% of our efforts produce 20% of our results. It’s up to us to decide on our goals, activities, and vision. It has been said that without hope, we perish. A clear vision helps us retain our hope.
One of his business principles is to focus on the highest income-producing products or services you offer. So if you spend your time on those, your ROI will be better.
Think of these categories of goals:
- Performance Goals – Personal Standards – Set your goals every quarter – smaller goals are easier to reach.
- Process Goals – Steps, process, procedures – There must be systems. There need to be things you are clear about doing. Set 90-day goals.
- Outcome Goals – Overarching, Long-term goals. New Year, New Questions
- What will you do differently this year?
- What are the things you will do more?
- What are the things you will do less?
- What are the things you will stop doing?
When we lose sight of our vision, as in flying a plane, we get spacial disorientation. It causes crashes. Six areas to set up goals:
Dino can be reached at 909-451-3671